This privacy statement explains how MBS Advisors Limited (MBS) collects, stores, uses and shares your personal information.
Transparency and openness is important to us. The Privacy Act 1993 requires us to tell you certain things about the personal information we need to carry out our functions. This is where we explain our privacy practices and why you can trust us to handle your information with care and respect.
In short, here are a few key privacy messages to note:
- We only collect personal information where this is necessary to carry out our functions
- We may collect personal information about you either directly from you or from other people or agencies, and we may generate personal information about you when we carry out our functions
- We store all our data (including your personal information) on a secure Xero Practice Management and Suite Files cloud platforms with two factor authentication and we use Microsoft Office 365 applications. We protect our data with all reasonable technical and process controls
- You can ask us for a copy of your personal information at any time. We will be as open as we can with you but must also ensure we meet our secrecy obligations
- We will only use and share personal information where necessary to carry out the functions for which we collected it, or if required by law
If you cannot find the information you need, or you have concerns about the way we are managing your personal information, then please contact us at any time – https://mbsadvisors.co.nz/contact-mbs-advisors/.
We may update this privacy statement from time to time, for example to reflect changes to the Privacy Act, so feel free to check in again occasionally to see what might have changed.
This statement was last updated in April 2020.